Case Study De Beers Group:
Process optimization for the visual merchandising team
- Workflow optimization
- Analysis phase
- Comprehensive Asana training
- Support during the transformation
- Determine lead times and communicate bottlenecks in time
- Coordinate deadlines and make them transparent
- Bundle communication and information
- Launch of Asana as a new work and project management tool
- 4 months in 2021
- Easy management of the projects’ complexity
- Optimized planning
- Easier interdepartmental communication
- Reduced time spent on status updates
The operations of the visual merchandising team are so complex in terms of planning and execution that everyone involved needs absolute transparency and control in order to be able to supply and open business premises worldwide on time. Due to the lack of coordination with other team members in the marketing department, problems arose in these workflows.
This was manifested in missed deadlines, project delays, and an excessive amount of time spent communicating status updates in interdepartmental meetings. Communication was scattered across emails, team messages, and Excel spreadsheets, and was not consolidated in one place. So, the search for an optimized workflow was on. The solution was to use Asana as a new work and project management tool.
„Portfolios from Asana – this tool has been a game changer for us. It actually adds value instead of more work.“
Lihsia Jiang, Purchasing Manager
Step 1: Analysis and onboarding
The analysis phase spanned several weeks and various departments. Proven methods, such as interviews with stakeholders, yielded deep insights into the previous working methods of the visual marketing team at De Beers. As a result, with BridgeFlow’s support during the onboarding process, stakeholders gained key insights into:
- The effectiveness of portfolios for project organization,
- The use of workload for capacity estimation, and
- The use of timelines for project lead times.
Step 2: Creating positive experiences with training
Step 3: Efficient processes thanks to optimized communication
Work more efficiently, create more
Overall, the transformation process was a complete success. Team members can better perceive responsibilities, optimize planning and simplify cross-divisional communication. With impressive results! The Visual Merchandising team at De Beers has
- Reduced the time required for status updates,
- Optimized market briefings and
- Increased the efficiency of work, enabling us to complete more projects in less time.